The Air Infiltration and Ventilation Centre (AIVC) in collaboration with IEA EBC Annex 86 organized a spring workshop consisting of a series of four webinars on:
- April 1st, 2021: Building ventilation: How does it affect SARS-CoV-2 transmission?
- April 8th, 2021: IAQ and ventilation Metrics
- April 13th, 2021: Big data, IAQ and ventilation – part 1
- April 21st, 2021: Big data, IAQ and ventilation – part 2
In this webinar, we addressed the potential mitigating role of building ventilation in the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic. In the first part of the webinar, we looked at building ventilation as one of the mechanisms that affects exposure to infectious aerosol and the uncertainty in relating exposure to airborne transmission of the virus. In the second part of the webinar, we focused on the airflow in real indoor environments, with results from field experiments with aerosol sources and the use of pressure difference in buildings to control the spread of aerosols.
This webinar was organized by the Air Infiltration and Ventilation Centre (https://www.aivc.org/) & the IEA EBC Annex 86 “Energy Efficient Indoor Air Quality Management in Residential Buildings” (https://annex86.iea-ebc.org/). The webinar was facilitated by INIVE (http://www.inive.org/).
- 17:00 | Introduction, Arnold Janssens – chair of AIVC WG COVID-19, Ghent University, Belgium | Slides, Recordings
- 17:10 | The Role of Building Ventilation in Indoor Infectious Aerosol Exposure, Andrew Persily – NIST, USA | Slides, Recordings
- 17:25 | Modelling uncertainty in the relative risk of exposure to the SARS-CoV-2 virus by airborne aerosol transmission, Cath Noakes – University of Leeds, UK | Slides, Recordings
- 17:40 | Questions and Answers, Moderator: Jelle Laverge – EBC Annex 86 Operating Agent, Ghent University, Belgium | Recordings
- 17:50 | Field measurements of aerosol exposure in indoor environments, Roberto Traversari – TNO, Netherlands | Slides, Recordings
- 18:05 | Ventilation system design and the risk areas for spreading airborne contaminants in office buildings, Alireza Afshari – Aalborg University, Denmark | Slides, Recordings
- 18:20 | Questions and Answers, Moderator: Jelle Laverge – EBC Annex 86 Operating Agent, Ghent University, Belgium | Recordings
- 18:30 | Closing & End of webinar | Recordings
For further information please scroll down to download the flyer, slides and view the recordings.
You can also VIEW the recordings of the webinar “COVID-19 Ventilation related guidance by ASHRAE and REHVA” held on November 20th, 2020.